Vaccine Hesitancy Revisited Moment of Truth Zombie Story Provocation and Palliation Ensemble Unmasking the MemesRead More
ENGRD 221.03: New Media Writing
in Rich Building 104
Office location: Callaway N117-C
Meet with me:
- In person office hours: T/Th 2:45-3:45p
- on Zoom: Sign up for a time
Students in this course will develop advanced skills in composing for online and digital new media projects. They will consider the rhetorical and design affordances of multiple new media publishing platforms, both proprietary and open source, and evaluate their effectiveness for different audiences and content. They will explore theories and practices of creating content for linear and non-linear interactive media, begin to practice scripting and storyboarding formats for content development; generating optimized, rhetorically effective content; and using technology to compose collaborative new media projects. Students will consider narrative structures for persuasive and/or argumentative writing, will employ quantitative and qualitative data to support their claims, and will explore effective methods of employing personal narrative to persuade their audiences.
Some of the major projects in this class will include:
- Creating and publishing a podcast series.
- Designing and building website(s) that will serve as a portfolio of all your work in this class.
- A final project that communicates about an area of expertise to a general public.
- Lots of writing and creating digital artifacts.